Marriage is good for those who are afraid to sleep alone at night.
- Love is not to be purchased, and affection has no price.
- The scars of others should teach us caution
- A friend is long sought, hardly found, and with difficulty kept.
- The friendship that can cease has never been real.
- True friendship ought never to conceal what it thinks.
- Beauty when unadorned is adorned the most.
- Be ever engaged, so that whenever the devil calls he may find you occupied.
- Early impressions are hard to eradicate from the mind. When once wool has been dyed purple, who can restore it to its previous whiteness?
- Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better is best.
- Haste is of the Devil.
Why do you not practice what you preach.
Let your daughter have first of all the book of Psalms for holiness of heart, and be instructed in the Proverbs of Solomon for her godly life.